Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Sixth formers should be smartly dressed at all times and take pride in their appearance, recognising that they are dressing for a formal working environment and helping to set the tone for the rest of the school. Smart, appropriate attire is expected at all times. Students may therefore wear from the following:
- A suit (incorporating skirt or trousers and waistcoat) or a tailored jacket and matching smart trousers/skirt. A dress and jacket/blazer. (Note that dress and skirt lengths above mid-thigh are not acceptable as per whole school policy).
- A formal top, shirt or blouse
- A tie (boys).
- Shoes must be formal and in keeping with the above.
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum, consistent with good taste and safety. Apart from pierced ears, no other piercing is allowed.
- Items of clothing which are not suitable: leggings, shorts, t-shirts, vest/crop/cami tops, see-through materials, bodycon dresses/skirts made of elasticated fabric and denim of any form.
Practical subjects will make special arrangements for their lessons when necessary.
The Next website with its tailored and smart looks page, Matalan's suit and work wear as well as New Look with its work-wear section are all available at reasonable prices.
Sixth Form students should adhere to the dress code and may be sent home to change if deemed unsuitable.